TZUR UX Design (2020)
Large enterprises and hi-tech companies have recognized the immense value of UX/UI design in driving their business success. As a result, they are devoting considerable mental efforts, allocating valuable internal resources, and setting aside a significant budget for UX/UI activities.
The return on investment (ROI) for UX/UI investment is unquestionably high, with companies that prioritize UX/UI as a strategic phase of the product lifecycle reaping the rewards. These rewards include increased user engagement, higher user satisfaction, and ultimately, improved business outcomes.
So why is the UX/UI phase so invaluable, and what are the benefits of delivering a great user experience for your product? Here are the top 10 reasons:
- 80/20: By investing time and effort into your application's UX and UI design, you gain a deeper understanding of your users. Conducting thorough research and precise user analysis will unveil surprising insights about your users, such as their main usage scenarios and the features they find most important. Applying the Pareto principle, focusing on key features and advantages, simplifies product usage and prevents overwhelming users.
- Focus: Giving careful consideration to your product's UX/UI requires a laser focus on your users, without being distracted by other issues. While technology, data security, and marketing are essential for product success, without a great user experience, all other aspects will ultimately falter.
- First impression: Research has consistently shown that the first 3-4 seconds of interaction with a product are crucial in shaping the overall impression and perception. While it may seem obvious, it can be easily overlooked when deeply immersed in a project. Continually prioritizing UX/UI helps view the product from an external perspective.
- Professionalism: Excellent UX/UI design elevates the overall look and feel of your product, making it appear more polished, professional, and appealing. This factor alone can have a significant impact on user perception and engagement.
- Consistency: UX/UI principles emphasize the importance of maintaining consistency across different products, modules, and features. Investing in UX/UI ensures that you pay attention to this crucial aspect, creating a cohesive and seamless user experience.
- Cross-platform: Defining the user journey is a fundamental pillar of UX/UI design. A professional UX/UI process ensures that you do not overlook critical cross-platform behaviors or scenarios, guaranteeing a consistent experience across various devices and platforms.
- Infographics: Humans naturally tend to scan information rather than read it thoroughly. UX/UI designers invest considerable time and effort in cognitive processes and strategically design product information to enhance its readability and comprehension.
- Call to action: Regardless of whether your product targets the B2B or B2C industry, understanding the psychological aspects of call-to-action (CTA) is vital. Studies have proven that effective CTA methods significantly increase revenue and greatly influence user behavior.
- Usability improvements: A comprehensive UX/UI design process dramatically reduces usability issues by either solving them before they arise or minimizing them through Usability testing methods during the development process. This proactive approach ensures that most usability problems are resolved well before the product launch.
- User satisfaction: Ultimately, our users are at the core of our efforts. We design and develop products to enhance their lives and fulfill their needs. UX/UI designers strive to achieve precisely this by creating an exceptional user experience. Increasing user satisfaction is a key goal of any UX/UI project.
We hope this article has shed some light on the importance of UX/UI design for the success of your product. Investing in UX/UI design and considering its various aspects will prove to be invaluable in achieving your business objectives.