TZUR UX Design (2019)
Large Enterprises and hi-tech companies have already realized the invaluable role of UX/UI design for their business success. Hence, they devote great mental efforts; allocate valuable internal resources and designate a salient budget of the project to UX/UI activities.
There is no doubt that the ROI on UX/UI investment is very high, and that companies which refer to UX/UI as a strategic phase of the product life get their rewards: more active users, greater user satisfaction and above all – better business results.
But why is the UX/UI phase so invaluable? What are the benefits of a great product User Experience?
Here are the main 10 reasons:
- 80/20 - By devoting time and efforts to UX/UI design, you get to understand your users much better. An appropriate research and precise user analysis will encourage you to reveal the surprising (and sometimes enchanting) truth about your users. You will get to know what their main usage scenarios are, and which of your great product features are most important for them. Most of the time it's recommended to apply the Pareto principle, by focusing on major features and advantages rather than trying to catch it all , in order to simplify the product usage and to prevent overloading issues.
- Focus - To consider your product or application UX/UI carefully, you must be focused on your users and not be bothered by many other distracting issues. Sure, technology, information security, and marketing are crucial for your product success, but without great User Experience they will all be doomed sooner all later.
- First impression - Many researches have shown that the first 3-4 seconds are crucial for the product whole impression and perception. It may sound very obvious, but it isn't so clear at times when you are deeply immersed in the project from head to toes. Permanently concerning your UX/UI will help you view your product from an external perspective.
- Professionality - Following the latter, great UX/UI design will make your product look and feel much more professional and much more appealing. Needless to say more...
- Consistency - One of the most common UX/UI principles is staying consistent with your various kinds of products, modules and features. Hence, investing in UX/UI will help you keep an eye on this important necessity.
- Cross platform - Defining the user journey is a major pillar in the UX/UI design field. The process, if done professionally, would not let you skip that matter, and it's unlikely that you would find yourself neglecting salient cross platform behaviors or scenarios.
- Infographics - Human beings tend to scan information, not to read it. We do it naturally, without thinking. UX/UI designers devote a lot of time and efforts to cognitive processes, and along with all other important issues, consider carefully about efficient ways of designing the product information.
- Call to action - Whether your product is aimed to the b2b or b2c industry, you must consider all the psychological aspects of CTA. It has been proven that CTA methods increase revenue significantly and has a major affection on user behavior.
- Reducing usability issues - Comprehensive product or application UX/UI design process will reduce usability issues dramatically either by solving them before even emerging and either by diminishing them during the process, using Usability testing methods. One way or another, most of the product usability problems will be solved way before launching the product.
- User satisfaction - Obviously, our users are the most important factor along the way. We design and develop the product in sake of improving their lives and fulfilling their needs. This is exactly what UX/UI designers aim to achieve, and one the UX/UI project goals.
We hope that this short article shed some light on the importance of UX/UI design for your product success. We are certain that investing in UX/UI design and concerning about the various aspects of it, will be invaluable.