TZUR UX Design (2019)
Mobile application design is the new-old trend. Many sorts of companies are interested in mobile design, many UX/UI Designers strive to improve their abilities in mobile application design, and most important – the users, those who are, eventually, supposed to use our application, become more and more willing to download and install new mobile applications and products.
Whether you own a start-up company or manage a professional hi-tech team, you have probably encountered the situation of thinking about the need for mobile application design.
If this is the case, here are 5 essentials which might help you:
- Do you really need a mobile application – Not every company, product or service justify the endeavor and budget allocated for mobile application design. If your users do not use your product or service on a daily basis (or at least on a weekly basis), there is a good chance that you actually don’t need it. It would be wiser to invest your money and devote your time to other significant projects in your company.
- Which kind of mobile application would be best for you - Who are your users? Where and when they use your product or service? Should your mobile application include all of the features and information or only part of them? Is there any difference between your product / service web usage and mobile usage? You must consider these issues prior to the mobile design process.
- What is the real value for your users – What kind of value your mobile application brings to your users? What is their incentive to download and install it? What would encourage them to use it regularly? Many sorts of mobile applications have failed in reaching their goals, only because no-one really had given enough thoughts to defining these important issues.
- Which is the right UX/UI Company – There are many UX/UI companies out there which offer mobile design services, but obviously they are not the same. Each and every company comes from a different background with a different kind of expertise. It is recommended to choose such a company that devotes time and efforts to your business goals and takes the research phase seriously. Don't be tempted to "close a deal" with design companies that offer you "mobile application design within one week". It is crucial to take the time and consider the goals carefully.
- What is your budget – Obviously, in every project, budget plays a big role. You must consider your budget limitations before diving into the process of mobile application design, so you would be able to achieve the best and most appropriate application for your goals and needs.
As mentioned above, mobile application design is a broad field. Prior to the mobile design phase, it would be wise to take your time, define your goals and needs carefully and weigh your different alternatives. Only then, you should proceed with the mobile design process. This method would probably help you achieve your goals and save you a lot of time and money.